About Me

My photo
I'm Shelly, a nature-worshipper, animal lover, mom, yogini, and adventure-seeker living in the great Northwest US! I share my life with an amazingly strong, kind man and a beautiful, compassionate and hilarious daughter. In 2009, we embarked on a new path of veganism, and are eating so many delicious, healthy foods, feeling great and finding the transition to be easy, exciting and fun! We also have the wanderlust! So this blog will include our journeys around the world!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July with my fam

Went to Tamarack and rented a great house with Mom, Suz and Lex and Taylor. We had a blast! The house had a hot tub, a wrap-around porch with a view of a gorgeous meadow and the lake in the distance and an outside fireplace, and plenty of room. We played Dance Revolution on the wii, ate and laughed, roasted marshmallows (ours were yummy vegan coconut ones!) hiked, and went to the lake. Suz rented a jet-ski and we hung out on a small sandy beach all day on the 4th. We watched the fireworks on the lake from the deck. I had planned every meal, and made stuff ahead of time, so we could do more relaxing and less cooking! It turned out great! We had french toast, sticky buns, pesto pasta, and spinach salad with maple sugared pecans and craisins. Suz and Mom brought bacon and chicken and stuff and I wasn't even tempted by the bacon. Jossy and I did have an egg, only because Mom got them from her co-worker from his very small farm, and they were good. It was really an incredible time, so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment